DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program is presently open to receive submissions. MIPLC – Munich Intellectual Property Law Center is offering scholarship awards to scholars from developing nations as a part of the DAAD’s program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.”
DAAD is a growth-oriented postgraduate study program and upholds the training of specialists from growing and newly industrialized nations. Properly-trained local professionals who are linked with foreign partners play an important part in the sustainable growth of their nations. They are the finest assurance for a better future with reduced poverty, greater education, and health for all.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program offers international graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations from all disciplines, with at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-renowned university in Germany. And in extraordinary cases, to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship Program – Summary
- Scholarship Duration: Duration of the course
- Country: Germany
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – About
DAAD award is a private federally financed and state-funded self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, on behalf of 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art). The DAAD does not run programs of study or courses, but grants competitive merit-based grants for use to study and/or research in Germany, at any of the endorsed German academic institutions.
Benefits of DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program
Beneficiaries of DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program will be offered the benefits below:
- They will get a complete tuition waiver from the MIPLC.
- The program will pay the beneficiary a monthly allowance of EUR 750.00.
- As a regulation, the award furthermore includes certain payments for health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- Additionally, the program will normally pay an appropriate travel stipend, except these expenses are funded by the home country or by alternative funding source.
- Besides, the program will also pay a study and research stipend.
- Lastly, the award covers a compulsory two-month German course before beginning the MIPLC LL.M. program.
Note: The award does not cover supplementary expenses, e.g. acceptance fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
Eligibility for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program
To be eligible for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Applicants should have minimum of four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree with a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- Applicants must have gotten their latest degree not over six years ago.
- Applicants should have minimum of two years full-time proficient experience acquired in a public authority, a state or private company in a developing nation (university staff and academics are usually not taken considered). To satisfy this requirement, it is enough if applicant has finished the two years by the time the program starts in October. Whatever the case may be, the experience must have been acquired after finishing of their first university degree.
- Applicants should have English test scores which satisfies the MIPLC requirements.
How to Apply for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program
To apply for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program, the applicant should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified applicants should go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on www.miplc.de to apply.
- Applicants are expected to apply over a year in advance, i.e. between June 1 and October 15 for the following academic year.
- Please go through the Application Guidelines for comprehensive details.