Heidelberg University PhD Position is a scheme that is currently accepting submissions for PhD Positions in Pre-Metastatic and Immunologic Conditioning. The grant will be accessible to scholars during the imminent 2022/2023 academic session.
Heidelberg University PhD Position is tailored for gifted and motivated scholars who intend to embark on a Ph.D. degree program in Germany at Heidelberg University.
The Heidelberg Institution is a state-owned academic and research-focused institution, which has the mission of promoting and building knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the present and future generations while maintaining an open mind and tolerance for new ideas. Heidelberg University is one of the finest public institutions of higher learning in Germany.
Why Heidelberg University? Heidelberg University sees the training of its scholars and novel researchers to be just as important as its academic and social commitments. By adopting creative procedures for research-centered teaching, it embraces early incorporation into research subjects and procedures.
Application Deadline: The submission for this award will be accepted only till the 28th of February 2022.
Heidelberg University PhD Position – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Heidelberg University & University Hospital Mannheim
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Ph.D.
- Award Type: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic students
- Location: Germany
Eligibility for Heidelberg University PhD Position
To meet the criteria for Heidelberg University PhD Position, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: All countries
- Eligible Courses: PhD project in Pre-metastatic and immunologic conditioning of the hepatic vascular niche during melanoma progression
- All applicants should possess an MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Veterinary Medicine, Molecular Medicine or a associated study area.
- They should be good in German Language and/or English Language and have good IT skills.
Benefits of Heidelberg University PhD Position
Recipients of Heidelberg University PhD Position will be offered the benefits below:
- The program will pay a fine salary package to the best achieving applicants for Ph.D. study.
How to Apply for Heidelberg University PhD Position
To win Heidelberg University PhD Position, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: The candidates are expected to complete the online application to register in Ph.D. degree at Heidelberg University.
- Ph.D. applicants who are qualifies to be unconditionally accepted as PhD student by the Faculty of Biosciences are, in general, also qualified to become a member of HBIGS without further evaluation.
- After verifying the applicant’s eligibility and qualification (this might include a pre-interview with the candidate) the application files will be forwarded to the specific group leaders for more evaluation.
- Important Documents: The candidates must submit the following documents during application:
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Motication letter with respect to the topic of the doctorate
- Letter of recommendation from a university tutor in the precise field
- Evidence of citizenship
- Admission Prerequsites: All candidates must have a masters degree from an acknowledged university
- Language Prerequisites: Applicants need to show that they have a excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Candidates who are not qualified to be unconditionally admitted as Ph.D. student based on the rules made by the Faculty have to pass a Qualifying Exam (“Kenntnisstandprüfung”).
- The Qualifying Exam includes a 25 minute panel interview hosted by three principal investigators of the HBIGS Faculty. During this interviews, the applicanst will do a 5-7 minute oral presentation of their past, present, or future research project (“chalk talk”).
- The aforemention oral presentation is accomanied by a question and answer session.In addition, there will be a GRE-like written test of 2 hours. It covers an extensive range of topics in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Biochemistry and General Biology. Candidates with an academic background not directly related to the biosciences are given the opportunity to also select questions from a separate subject, such as chemistry, physics, or computer science.
- Candidates who are selcted, but not yet endored by an HBIGS faculty member will be called to Heidelberg by the principal investigator´s request. These individuals will be offered the opportunity to meet with the principal investigators they have applied to. These students will take the Qualifying Exam while they are there, if requested by the Faculty of Biosciences or the principal investigator.