KAAD Scholarships Program is fully-funded sponsorship available for both Masters and Ph.D. Studies. In Germany, the Catholic Academic Exchange Service is presenting some scholarships to students of Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America for an opportunity to study in Germany. This scholarship opportunity is open to candidates who want to obtain a master’s degree or a Ph.D. at a university in Germany, or do post-doctoral researches project at a university in Germany.
KAAD is in partnership with some regions to provide scholarship opportunities to citizens who are interested in research. There are certain Partner Boards in these nations and applications are channeled via them. Applications from other nations can be considered only in extraordinary cases.
Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) – About
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the award institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe. KAAD offers aid to its scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance.
Accessible Field of Study: There is no precise area of preference. Though, the selection committee has often displayed preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of importance to the home country of the candidate. This is certainly true particularly for subjects of PhD-theses. There is, therefore, a definite leaning towards “growth-oriented” studies – this does not however mean that other fields (cultural, philosophic, linguistic, etc.) cannot be of importance for a country, and are ruled out.
Eligibility for KAAD Scholarships Program
To be eligible for KAAD Scholarships Program, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Interested applicants should come from a developing or emerging nation in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and they should be living there currently.
- Interested applicants should have a university degree and professional experience from their home country.
- Interested applicants should want to obtain a master’s degree or a PhD at a university in Germany or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a university in Germany.
- Applicant is a Catholic Christian (or general a part of a Christian denomination). Applicants from other religions can apply if they are recommended by Catholic partners, and can corroborate their obligation to interreligious dialogue.
- Applicant should possess German language skills before beginning the studies (KAAD can offer a language course for 6 months max, in Germany).
- Interested applicants should have above-average performance in studies and research.
- The orientation of the applicant’s studies or research for permanent reintegration in their home region (or else the scholarship is transformed into a loan).
- Religious and social obligation (activities), and disposition to inter-religious dialogue.
Application Deadline: Not Stated
Benefits of KAAD Scholarships Program
- Applicants who are granted scholarships are assisted by KAAD with their Visa-modalities, paid for the flights to Germany and back, provided with language training in Germany before their studies, etc.
How to Apply for KAAD Scholarships Program
To apply for KAAD Scholarships Program, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified applicants should go to Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) on www.kaad-application.de to apply for the scholarship.
- Apply for the KAAD Masters and PhD Scholarships 2022/2023.
- Interested and qualified applicants can progress to the online application portal to fill and submit their applications.
- Helpful: KAAD is working with partner nations in your region. There are certain Partner Boards in these nations and applications are channeled through them. Submissions from other nations can be considered only in outstanding cases.