Are you interested in studying in Germany? Good news, We are here to inform you Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Researchers application is currently ongoing at the University of Konstanz. We will be talking about the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Researchers is offered for a Fellowship degree. This scholarship is provided by the University of Konstanz. The University of Konstanz is a university in the city of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Its core campus was opened on the Gießberg in 1972 after being founded in 1966. The university is Germany’s southernmost university and is located on the coast of Lake Constance just four kilometers from the Swiss border.
It has been successful in all three funding lines of the Excellence Initiative, and is consequently one of Germany’s elite “Universities of Excellence”, a group of respected universities often considered the German Ivy League. The university is rated in the top 100 worldwide in the arena of social policy and management in the 2020 QS World University Ratings, and rated 51 in Political Science according to the 2020 Shanghai Ranking. The U.S. Department of Energy also mentions the University of Konstanz as a “small Harvard”.
Furthermore, the University of Konstanz collaborates with a large number of renowned institutions, such as Harvard, Johns Hopkins University, Yale University, the University of Chicago, UC Berkeley, University of Zurich., and the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
The university includes approximately 90,000 square meters and lies on the Fienberg within the Mainauwald (Mainau forest). It fits stanza’s Egg district, with the old village of Egg situated a distance of 200 meters from campus on the far side of the Mainaustrasse (Mainau street). Two pedestrian and bike bridges connect the university estates to the village and lakeside.
Just like the village, the university’s sports grounds are situated on the lakeside of the street, north of Egg. The university’s botanical garden is situated to the northwest of the north parking lot and is open on weekdays. Before the independent village of Allmannsdorf was compound with the city of Konstanz on 1 January 1915, all of the land that the university now inhabits fitted to this former community.
In the “Times Higher Education 150 under 50 University Ratings”, the University of Konstanz attained 7th position globally in 2016. This position makes Konstanz the best German university amongst those assessed, all of which are under 50 years old. This assessment was highlighted by the 2014 edition of the global rating “QS Top 50 under 50”, which also concentrates on universities under the age of 50. In this case, Konstanz came 21st in the global comparison. The University of Konstanz is steadily rated among the global top 250 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Worth of the Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships
- Throughout the on-campus research stay, a stipend of €1,200/month for doctoral students and €2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Standard outlays for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events planned by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Equal Opportunities Office).
- Admittance to library resources and IT services.
- Herz Fellows will profit from a digital membership extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be supported with up to €900 (lump sum).
Eligibility for the Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships
- To be eligible for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships, You must be born and work in a country in Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- To be eligible for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships, You must hold a doctorate (max 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2020) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- To be eligible for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships, do not hold a permanent professorship, nor have ahabilitation or equivalent qualification.
- To be eligible for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships, Their research project should tie in with one of the disciplines embodied at the University of Konstanz.
- To be eligible for Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships, Their academic education was accomplished at a university in Latin America, Asia, or Africa (preferable).